Dr. Patricia Slagle (www.thewayup.com) recommends not taking any individual nutritional supplement, unless first taking a good multivitamin / mineral (which by its self covers many basic nutritional needs). It is impossible to build the walls and roof of a house without first laying a proper foundation.
Most nutrients are dependent upon the presence of other nutrients, as they work together to do their job, just as would happen with a perfect diet. Singular supplementing without a baseline balanced product can actually create deficiencies. For instance, if you are taking one of the single B vitamins without getting the whole complex of B’s you can actually cause a deficiency of those not supplemented. Or if you are taking only Calcium, and no Magnesium, you can add to a Calcium imbalance, and so on. So before you add any individual vitamin, mineral, or amino acid, have your Multi vitamin mineral in place. This rule does not apply for digestive enzymes, hormones, herbs, certain specialty products, and homeopathics which have unique functions not dependent upon a certain balance of nutrients.
- A good children’s multivitamin mineral in the dosage recommended on the label (I use Bio-Trophic Plus from Biotics)
- An Omega Oil Supplement (I use Green Pasture cod liver oil)
- Extra Vitamin C, 150 mg twice daily* (I use Mixed Ascorbate Powder from Biotics)
- High quality Multivitamin Mineral as directed on bottle (I use Bio-Trophic Plus from Biotics)
- Vitamin C, 1000 mg twice daily with meals (I use Bio-C Plus 1000 from Biotics)
- Vitamin B complex, once daily with breakfast (I use Bio-B 100 from Biotics)
- Sublingual B12/Folic Acid, as directed on bottle** (I use B12 Folate Plus from Biotics)
- Fermented Cod Liver Oil / High Vitamin Butter Oil, daily #
Women Over 35 and Those Off Dairy:
Vegetarian & Pregnancy/Nursing:
- Add extra iron (I use Fe Zyme from Biotics)
- Additional B12/folic acid (I use B12 Folate Plus from Biotics)
Biotics supplements are whole food, pharmaceutical grade nutritional supplements which can be purchased online, by contacting DSD International Toll Free: (800) 232-3183, or from your health care provider.
When Biotics Research began manufacturing dietary supplements in the mid 1970′s, their mission was to do something that no other company in the industry to date has achieved; manufacture a dietary supplement under the strict quality control measures required by pharmaceutical companies. Below are just some of the quality control measures:
- Raw material testing – raw materials and finished products are assayed for purity, potency, and xenobiotics/heavy metals/contaminants.
- Dissolution testing – ensuring that any tablet/capsule that you intake will be digested and absorbed.
- Stability testing – Through experience and access to the most advanced laboratory testing equipment available, Biotics Research is able to develop products that meet or exceed their label claim past the expiration date. Unlike some other manufacturers, Biotics Research has never been cited for marketing a product that did not meet or exceed label claim up to and beyond the expiration date.
Biotics Research is a fully licensed, federally approved pharmaceutical laboratory, as such the products produced by Biotics Research are manufactured in accordance with pharmaceutical good manufacturing procedures (GMPs). All the Biotics Research products have an NDC (National Drug Code) number, and are listed in the database of the National Registration and Listing System. This level of quality control is above and beyond what other professional dietary supplement companies offer, but Biotics has been doing this since their beginning. Biotics is also a CDC – licensed genetics testing/toxicology testing laboratory.For More Information on Biotics
* This is a change from Dr. Slagle’s recommendation of 250 mg twice daily
**Recent studies have shown that an imbalance of B12 may create health risks, I typically muscle test to see if I need to take this vitamin.
# This is a change from Dr. Slagle’s recommendation of Omega Oils Supplement, 2-3 times daily with meals