My monthly to-do list was compiled from a variety of sources over the years, some that I don’t remember anymore, but also from The Virgin Home-Owner’s Handbook by Hap Hatton & Laura Torbet (out of print) and Month-To-Month Gardening, Utah.
Regular, routine home, yard, and lawn maintenance can prevent serious and costly repairs. Taking just a few hours a month can keep your yard and lawn looking good and keep your home running smoothly.
- Seed any dead areas on the lawn
- Trim back vines and ivy
- Check exterior of the house for needed painting and touch-ups and take care of it
- Clean or replace air-conditioning and central air filters. A/C filters should be cleaned once a month during the summer months
- Check for cracks in walkways and driveways, repair them
- Clean carpets
- Have cooling system checked
You may also want to check out these classes (some free some not) offered by the USU Cooperative Extension.