Welcome to the one hundred and nineteenth edition of Wildcrafting Wednesday!
Wildcrafting Wednesday is hosted by:
- Sharon @ Woodwife’s Journal,
- Jennifer @ The Entwife’s Journal,
- Anne-Marie @ Bella Vista Farm,
- Alix @ Blessed in Homemaking,
- Kristin @ Herban Momma,
- and me! 🙂
While traditional wildcrafting refers to gathering herbs and plants in the wild to use for food and medicine, Wildcrafting Wednesday is a weekly blog hop for sharing self-sufficiency and homesteading tips, tried and true home-remedies, and your favorite herbal uses.
It’s a place to gather information on ways to incorporate old fashioned wisdom in our day-to-day life.
It is anything and everything herbal – from crafts to cleaning to tinctures to cooking.
It is remedies and natural cures made at home from natural ingredients.
It is self-sufficient living, homesteading, and back-to-basics tips to save food, money, and resources.
If it involves herbs or traditional methods of homemaking and home healing then we want to read about it!
In other words, Wildcrafting Wednesday is a “one stop shop” for the best tips and simple steps to become more healthy and more self-reliant! Please join us! 🙂
Each week, wonderfully talented and knowledgeable bloggers link up incredible posts on the Wildcrafting Wednesday blog hop! Thousands of readers from all over the world visit the blog hop to learn, grow, and be inspired.
As bloggers ourselves, we understand how difficult it is to create posts that catch a readers attention, hold their interest, and teach them what they need to know to help themselves and their families.
Because we admire and respect their commitment to readers AND because we appreciate their support of Wildcrafting Wednesday, we created The People’s Choice Award to recognize these great bloggers!
Based on the response of our readers, the 10 most popular Wildcrafting Wednesday posts from 2013 were entered in The People’s Choice Award. Links to the posts were provided and readers were given the opportunity to vote for their favorite post.
After 5 days of voting, the votes have been counted and the winners have been determined. The winners of this year’s People’s Choice Awards….will be announced after this short commercial break! 😀
Just kidding! The three posts to receive the most votes and win The People’s Choice Award are:
How to Grow a Suburban Farm and Lots of Food! by Growing Days
Homemade Lysol Disinfectant Spray by Whole Food Mom on a Budget
Our “Essentials” List for a Stocked Pantry by Strangers and Pilgrims on Earth
The hosts of Wildcrafting Wednesday: Mind Body and Sole, The Woodwife’s Journal, The Entwife’s Journal, Bella Vista Farm, Blessed in Homemaking, and Herban Momma, would like to thank all of the contributors, give a well deserved “Congratulations!” to all of the Nominees, and offer a hearty handshake, pat on the back, and a round of applause to the winners of this year’s The People’s Choice Award! 🙂
And now, let’s get back to our regularly scheduled programing – Wildcrafting Wednesday! 🙂
Guidelines for Participation
1. Please link up your blog post using the Linky widget below. If you are posting a recipe, only real food recipes are permitted please. This means no processed food ingredients!
2. Please link the URL of your actual blog post and not your blogs home page. That allows future readers who find this post and go to your link to be able to find what they’re looking for.
3. Please place a link back to this post. That way your readers can benefit from all the ideas too. This also helps out the other participants who are hoping to get more traffic to their blogs. If you’re new to blogging here’s what you do: Copy the URL of Wildcrafting Wednesday from your browser address bar. Then edit your post by adding something like, “This post was shared on Wildcrafting Wednesday” at the end of your post. Then highlight “Wildcrafting Wednesday”, click the “link” button on your blogging tool bar, and paste the URL into that line. That’s it!
4. Please only link posts that fit the blog hop description. Old and archived posts are welcome as long as you post a link back as described above. Please don’t link to giveaways or promotions for affiliates or sponsors. That keeps our links valuable in the future since a link to a giveaway three months old isn’t going to be worth browsing in three months time, but a link to an herbal tip will be.
5. Please leave a comment. 🙂
6. And bloggers, please check out the other posts and leave a comment for them too. 🙂 I know that we would all love to hear from each other. 🙂
The following button will link back to this edition of Wildcrafting Wednesday: