This is Part 2 of a 4-Part guest post series on Understanding and Healing from Yeast Over-Growth by Amy Jones.
Amy Jones is a Childbirth Educator and Birth Doula. She teaches classes on vaccines, herbs, essential oils, and nutrition and has authored two books, A World of Wisdom Cookbook and The Way of the Peaceful Birther. All of this led to her co-founding and directing Holistic Living Events, which puts on the annual LDS Holistic Living Conference.
The LDS Holistic Living Conference is held the fourth Saturday in June at Paradigm High Charter School in South Jordan – this year that’s June 23! Register for the conference with a friend, and when you use this code: BOGO205C476B0C, you’ll get 20% off your second registration! I hope you enjoy the following, Taming the Yeastie Beasties – Stages and Symptoms, by Amy Jones.
Most women have commented to me that just because they don’t have a vaginal yeast infection, they must not have a yeast problem. Most everyone believes that men can’t have a yeast problem. And that the only symptom in a baby is thrush. Wrong! Dangerously wrong, in fact.
Even a lot of health nuts that should ‘know better’ have said to me, ‘Oh, there’s no way I have a yeast problem, I eat too well!’ as they scratch their eczema. Uh-huh.
Yeast overgrowth manifests itself in so many different ways that it can be hard to keep up, but getting to the root of your symptoms is such a relief. When I realized that all my baby’s problems were yeast related, and so many of my problems were also yeast that I got in the womb from my mother, it made solving all these symptoms so easy – all I needed to do was balance yeast.
Stages of Yeast Overgrowth
In the First Stage of Candida, the mucous membrane areas of the body may be infected. These include the mouth, vagina, nose, and Respiratory System.
- Infant Colic, childhood rages, adult unexplained unprovoked anger
- Cradle Cap, dandruff, greasy hair
- Vaginal yeast infections and itching
- Severe P.M.S.
- Urinary tract infections
- Body rashes (including diaper rash)
- Diffuculty falling or staying asleep
- Oral thrush
- Allergies to foods, dust, molds, fungus, yeast, inhalants, and chemicals
- Repeated bouts of bronchitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis, and strep or staph infections
- Gas (infant or adult)
- Unexplained tooth decay
- Bad breath and body odor
- Mastitis – sore, creacked, and bleeding nipples during breastfeeding
- Bladder weakness
- Spotty skin discoloration (white or brown) also known as liver or sun spots
- Cravings for alcohol
- Cravings for sugar
- Rectal itching
- Persistent cough
The Second Stage of Candida may involve more generalized and chronic reactions.
- Unexplained weight gain or inability to keep weight on
- Ear infections, unexplained ear discharge, tinitis (ringing of the ears)
- Chronic pain
- Headaches (including Migraine)
- Extreme fatigue
- Nail infections
- Muscle aches
- Joint pain
- Infant or adult reflux
- Casein or gluten intolerance / celiac
- Jock itch
- Bladder infections/UTI
The Third Stage of Candida may involve MENTAL and BEHAVIORAL RESPONSES:
- Inability to concentrate
- Not being able to read or follow a television program or carry on a hobby
- Serious forgetfulness
- Memory loss
- Mental confusion
- Not being able to think of the words to say something
- Switching around of words and letters when trying to speak and/or write
- Loss of previous skills (such as how to type or how to play the piano, etc.
- Irrational thoughts
- Unusual fears
- Panic / anxiety attacks
- Muscle twitching
- Aggressive behavior
- Epileptic seizures
- Thoughts of death or suicide
- Crohn’s disease
- Leaky Gut Syndrome
- Thyroid disorders
A person in the Fourth Stage of Candida (also known as systemic yeast) may experience a virtual SHUTDOWN OF VARIOUS ORGAN SYSTEMS of the body.
- Adrenal gland failure
- Endocrine System failure
- Severe vomiting
- Severe constipation
- Total muscle weakness
- The Circulatory System may be swamped with so much yeast that the capillaries are clogged, causing HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, NUMBNESS OF EXTREMITIES, and EASY BRUISING.
- The person may run a low-grade fever, but the hands and feet will often be very cold
- Tachycardia (palpitations, irregular beats, mitral valve problems or heart murmur)
- In the Respiratory System, the alveoli (air sacs) of the lungs may be packed with yeast so that person cannot get adequate breath AKA asthma
- ADD / ADHD
- Multiple Sclerosis
- The complete failure of the Immune System leaves the body defenseless against all enemy bacteria, viruses, and disease conditions – including cancer.
Click here to read Part 1 – Taming the Yeastie Beasties – Introduction.
Click here to read Part 3 – Taming the Yeastie Beasties – Causes and Treatments.
Click here to read Part 4 – Taming the Yeastie Beasties – Yeast Die-Off: The Herxheimer Reaction.