My monthly to-do list was compiled from a variety of sources over the years, some that I don’t remember anymore, but also from The Virgin Home-Owner’s Handbook by Hap Hatton & Laura Torbet (out of print) and Month-To-Month Gardening, Utah.
Regular, routine home, yard, and lawn maintenance can prevent serious and costly repairs. Taking just a few hours a month can keep your yard and lawn looking good and keep your home running smoothly.
- Reseed parts of lawn that need it.
- Do any necessary repainting.
- Repair or replace broken or missing caulking and weather-stripping around doors and windows.
- Inspect caulking and grout around tubs, showers, and sinks. If the caulking has pulled away, scrape it out and re-caulk.
- Have heating system checked.